Team Diversionary is looking for some awesome Guest Stars to assist us. Gain valuable experience while helping us to reach our important audiences in the LGBT community and beyond. Our theatre has been working to tell Lesbian, Gay, Bi-Sexual, and Transgender stories for over 25 years.
We’ll work around your schedule. We’ve got some great perks for our volunteers, including the opportunity to see some of the best live theatre in San Diego!
We have ongoing Guest Star (our name for volunteers) opportunities in assisting us with:
- Box Office operations – daytime: includes handling incoming calls, ticket orders, and other small assigned tasks. Shifts are Tuesday – Saturday form 12pm – 6pm.
- Box Office operations – nighttime: assisting with the check in and guest experience during the run of a show. Shifts are Wednesday – Saturday from 6 – 9:30pm, and Sundays from 12pm – 3:30pm.
- Special Events – being available for special events to help with set up & service.
- Special Projects – on as needed basis, assisting with tasks around the theatre that could range from organizing costumes to cleaning the theatre to painting.
- Festivals – Assisting with set up and manning of booths at festivals and street fairs. Writing – Literary assistance doing research for our InDepth articles, proofreading e-blasts and other literature we develop.
All of these opportunities are awarded with tickets to shows and opportunities to
attend special invitation-only behind the scene events.
We use ushers for special events, our Main Stage shows and cabarets, as well as for Open Mondays series. Our ushers often tell us that Diversionary is one of the “best gigs” in town! For information email Stu Schwartz at email@example.com and find out how to join in on the fun!